Last week, I was working very hard on getting the Interaction schedule ready for the Web. Unfortunately, various things have conspired to hold it up, but I hope do have one up in the next few days.
I am merely Interaction staff, so it’s not up to me when the schedule is posted. When I am in charge of something, I always want to publicize as much information about it as soon as I can. I’ve found that people would like to see a draft of a schedule earlier, rather than “the final” schedule later. And while you always get a few people who can’t comprehend the difference between a “draft” version and “the final,” it’s always a good idea to get the draft up early anyway.
I’ve also been working on the Pocket Program and Restaurant Guide for Confluence. They’ll be printed tonight.
I’ve been tinkering with the novel a little. Lately, I’ve been editing and changing a major character’s last name about four times. After doing that, I went back to his original last name, even though it was “phony.” Somehow, it sounded better than any “real” last name I could give him. I was “trapped” in Chapter 17 for a while, and am now quite happy by how it turned out. I am sort of trapped by Chapter 19 currently, but think I may have just figured a way through it. I’m no longer sure I’ll have it done by Worldcon (yuck), but I still have almost two weeks, so who knows…