I’ve always loved doing research on the Web. Some of the Web sites I’ve put together, particularly Dead People Server, demonstrate that I’m pretty good at it. At one point a few years ago, I even started a Web page called “Fact Checker” in an effort to get some contract research jobs, but nothing came of it.
Last week, while perusing a site I’d looked at some, I noticed some errors and submitted corrections to the Webmaster. We started to correspond, I offered to lease him some Dead People Server content and do some additional research. Long story short, I’ve just finished my first research job for BrainyHistory and will continue to do some some jobs for them over the next few months. As I’d had a bad experience with telecommuting a few years ago, he even paid in advance, and I submitted my material on time (today). With a little luck, it might lead to some additional research contracting work.
I’ve been feeling better for about a week now, so I’ve been getting caught up on some miscellaneous stuff like taking my laptop to the shop, cleaning the office, doing some work for Interaction, and completing my first research job for money. I’m even starting to think about returning to my novel, something I’ve been tinkering with for about four years.